Line discipline (cled)

Dave Shepperd shepperd at dms.UUCP
Thu Dec 7 12:02:59 AEST 1989

Lots of people sent mail to me asking for a copy of the interactive line editor
I wrote as a line discipline for Xenix/Unix. (Re: device drivers in
comp.unix.wizards around early Nov '89).

After trying to send mail to several of those who asked and failing, it has
become even more evident that my mailer is good for inbound messages only.
It also has occurred to me that since I didn't honor the requests of
everybody individually, you guys might think I didn't want to send you a
copy. I blame my mailer. I posted the source some weeks ago yet I'm still
getting requests for the thing and since my mail coverage seems to be a tiny
subset of the universe, I thought I'd post the names of those who have asked
for it at one time or another. If there are people on the list with which
you know you can converse via E-mail, perhaps they can forward a copy to
you if they have it.

I don't remember if mail got through to these guys or I just haven't
tried. (They asked just before I posted the source, so I may have assumed
they'd get it via netnews):
	eric at egsner.cirr.com
	merv at gpstwr.UUCP
	a2 at mindlink.UUCP
	jalsop at seachg.uucp
	rutgers!scarecrow.csee.Lehigh.EDU!wbader
	apple!ames!wimsey.bc.ca!sl
	lee at anduk.co.uk
	matt at shorty.cs.wisc.edu
	psuvax1!andrew.cmu.edu!mp3o+

I sent mail to these guys and it bounced:
	ryan at INGR.COM
	cs.utexas.edu!ti-csl!ticipa.ti.com!john
	uunet!inpnms!logan

I sent mail and it didn't bounce, but I haven't heard back from
these guys. This probably means my mail went into oblivion:
	bruce at mdi386.UUCP
	pjh at mccc.UUCP
	mb at ttidca.tti.com
	uunet!nuchat!steve

Two way mail has been proven to work:
	dionj at sco.com
	stu at jpusa1.chi.il.us
	dave at uci.mn.org
	bet at orion.mc.duke.edu

So far, John Maline (cs.utexas.edu!ti-csl!ticipa.ti.com!john) is the only
one who has sent mail saying he actually tried it. He also sent me a couple
patches for it. Thanks, John, for the kind words ("Cled is incredible").
Too bad I can't get to you via E-mail.

bruce at mdi386.UUCP was having trouble compiling it. I responded
but haven't heard back (probably my reply didn't make it).

--
Dave Shepperd.	    shepperd at dms.UUCP or motcsd!dms!shepperd
Atari Games Corporation, 675 Sycamore Drive, Milpitas CA 95035.