Secure (regular) Scripts_

P E Smee exspes at gdr.bath.ac.uk
Fri Dec 22 21:39:34 AEST 1989

In article <562 at mwtech.UUCP> martin at mwtech.UUCP (Martin Weitzel) writes:
>You should *very* strongly consider, to let those unprotected guest
>logins run in a 'chroot'-ed environment. There were some recent
>postings, explaining how this could be done without any programming,
>if you place a '*' in the 'shell'-field of "/etc/passwd". (I did not

Can any kind soul mail me a copy of the postings to which Martin refers?
I missed them, the topic is relevant to a server we are trying to build
on a Sun 'server' (console-less workstation), and they have aged out and
vanished at Bath.

--
Paul Smee, Univ of Bristol Comp Centre, Bristol BS8 1TW, Tel +44 272 303132
 Smee at bristol.ac.uk  :-)  (..!uunet!ukc!gdr.bath.ac.uk!exspes if you MUST)