Hints for using curses (was Re: curses - problem... NO)

Wm E Davidsen Jr davidsen at crdos1.crd.ge.COM
Wed Dec 13 03:36:16 AEST 1989

In article <532 at mwtech.UUCP> martin at mwtech.UUCP (Martin Weitzel) writes:
|    Use video attributes only to *emphasize* an information, not as
|    the information itself. Though you may assume, todays terminals
|    have (at least) modes for
|         - blinking
|         - underlining
|         - reverse video
|         - half intensity

  You may assume such a thing, but I wouldn't use anything but standout
if you want maximum portability. There are too many really dumb
terminals still out there.
--
bill davidsen	(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM -or- uunet!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen)
that the world is flat!" - anon