curses -- write to lower right corner

Scott Amspoker scott at bbxsda.UUCP
Sat Dec 9 05:21:50 AEST 1989

In article <1153 at pcsbst.UUCP> chr at sws4 writes:

>CURSES, the old buggy program.
>
>I'm not able to write to the lower
>right corner of a vt100 terminal using curses.
>Curses doesn't produce any output to this
>location. Can I disable this feature, or
>is there any trick (changing something
>in terminfo..)

This is probably because CURSES thinks that the display will scroll
if it printed in the lower right corner.  If in fact it *is* possible
to print in the lower right corner without scrolling the screen then
you will need to tell CURSES through your terminfo entry.  (Since I
normally use termcap I don't know the terminfo parameter name off hand).

--
Scott Amspoker
Basis International, Albuquerque, NM