What should the password...

Richard Tobin richard at aiai.ed.ac.uk
Tue Dec 19 03:51:27 AEST 1989

In article <MITCH.89Dec15104132 at hq.af.mil> mitch at hq.af.mil (Mitchell..Wright) writes:
>I have heard the argument that "It is too hard to remember X number of
>passords".  Well, it's not - you just have to set up a system for yourself.

And there we have it.  A fine argument against requiring users to have
different passwords or change them often.

Maybe your "system" is obscure enough.  Well, I doubt it.  But even if
it is, what about the next user's?

-- Richard

PS this isn't a unix issue - I've redirected followups to comp.misc
Richard Tobin,                       JANET: R.Tobin at uk.ac.ed
AI Applications Institute,           ARPA:  R.Tobin%uk.ac.ed at nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
Edinburgh University.                UUCP:  ...!ukc!ed.ac.uk!R.Tobin