curses - problem... NO

David C Lawrence tale at cs.rpi.edu
Sun Dec 10 13:34:27 AEST 1989

In article <21708 at adm.BRL.MIL> AGRISCS at umcvmb.missouri.edu (Don Ingli) writes:

> Oh, try not to use LINES and COLUMNS in your programming... just assume
> an 80 X 24 screen.....  Remember, you want your programs written so that
> they can be used with all emulators/terminals.....

Right.  And if the programme can take advantage of the fact that my
xterm is 60 lines long by 132 characters wide, why should I be
constrained to 80 by 24?  Why is it that you say don't use LINES and
COLUMNS?  The flexibility of it is certainly much greater than
constraining yourself to assumptions about someone else's hardware.

> If you need any pointers, just mail me....

Do you have structs, unions and enums too?

> [11 lines of bordered signature and obnoxious capital letters deleted.]

Could you please do something about trimming and toning down your
signature?  I'm quite sure that many, many people on the net would
appreciate it.

(Oh, one last thing.  What's with all of the periods?)

Dave
--
   (setq mail '("tale at cs.rpi.edu" "tale at ai.mit.edu" "tale at rpitsmts.bitnet"))