Network Books

matt robinson yakker at ucrmath.UCR.EDU
Tue Dec 12 15:09:04 AEST 1989

jml at tw-rnd.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Michael Lodman) writes:
>Does someone know of a decent book/manual that describes in detail
>how to set up a TCP/IP internetwork? I would like it to describe
>how to use gated and routed, the name server, etc. in some detail
>for a person who has no idea what RIP and HELLO protocols among
>other things are. The man pages aren't much help!

>| Michael Lodman               Mike.Lodman at SanDiego.NCR.COM

I just finished the Book "Computer Networks, Second Printing",
by Andrew Tanenbaum, which seems to be pretty thorough on the
basics of networking, and the concepts of LAN.  You might want
to try it out. (Note:  It's a textbook, so it may be just a
bit dry...)

yakker at ucrmath.ucr.edu |  Matt Robinson, University of California at Riverside
..!ucsd!ucrmath!yakker |     Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
                                       Systems Programming Group
--
yakker at ucrmath.ucr.edu |  Matt Robinson, University of California at Riverside