Multiple utmp entries: Howzit happen?

Brandon S. Allbery allbery at ncoast.org
Thu Dec 14 10:08:32 AEST 1989

In article <519 at oglvee.UUCP> jr at oglvee.UUCP (Jim Rosenberg) writes:

   LOGIN     tty12        Dec 11 18:24   .    11884
   jr        tty12        Dec 12 08:19   .    11884

That is most likely a bug in login.  Are you running the stock 5.3d login, or
one gleaned from the Usenet?  Or a non-stock getty?

I've not seen this on other systems running Altos 5.3dS1, including one 2000.
(If you're running dS0, consider getting the update for dS1.)

++Brandon
--
Brandon S. Allbery    allbery at NCoast.ORG, BALLBERY (MCI Mail), ALLBERY (Delphi)
uunet!hal.cwru.edu!ncoast!allbery ncoast!allbery at hal.cwru.edu bsa at telotech.uucp