UNIX memory mapping...

Steve Anderson anderson at hobbes.osc.edu
Fri Dec 8 06:34:17 AEST 1989

Does anybody know if the memory-mapping features of BSD 4.3
will be part of the POSIX standard?

We are working on some programs that manipulate large amounts
of data (as arrays), we currently have this implemented using
mmap(), etc., but need to know how portable this will be.

We have found this feature on some SYSV-type versions of UNIX, but
need to know if the trend is for it to spread, or phase out.

--steve

-=-
 H. Stephen Anderson			 | email: anderson at hobbes.osgp.osc.edu
 The Ohio Supercomputer Graphics Project | Phone: (614) 292-3274
 1224 Kinnear Road                       |
 Columbus, Ohio 43212                    |