Secure (regular) Scripts_

Nik Simpson x333 nik at st_nik.UUCP
Wed Dec 20 03:29:41 AEST 1989

	I encountered this problem writing some menu based code a couple of
years ago,  in most case programs that allow a shell escape seem to check
the value of the shell variable SHELL,  and exec this as the shell.  If
you change SHELL either using putenv if you are working in executable
or
	SHELL="something harmless";export SHELL

	In a script this disbles shell escapes from most well behaved programs
in my experience.
--
|  Nik Simpson	UUCP :  uunet!ingr!swndn!st_nik!nik|