NS32000 Unix ports sought

John Lind john at starfire.UUCP
Wed Dec 6 03:17:15 AEST 1989

Note: please reply by mail.  My machine doesn't get fed this group anymore.

I currently have a binary configurable license from National that I am
using to run a 4.1 bsd derivative.  I am getting desperately behind the
world, as there are PD programs which no longer support such an antiquated
port.  Therefore, I am looking for ANY leads to Universities, companies,
or projects that might have a more current port running.  Now that we
are about to enter the 90's, I'd at least like to join the 80's.

I do not need the finished product.  Since I am already running a Unix
derivative on the box, and since I own or wrote all my drivers, all I
need is a binary configurable copy with a little push in the right
direction for the 1st and 2nd stage boot code.  I write drivers and
build kernels for a living, but not on the right processor family!
(No source license, either :-().

My machine is a ns32016 full chip set running on a single-board computer
in a Multibus card cage with Ciprico intelligent command-list controllers
(ESDI, QIC-02, floppy [8", 5.25", 3.5"], and 9-track).  Not bad for cardboard
and bailing wire.

Any and all leads will be warmly received (a different group to post to,
a person to mail to, a phone number, a secret meeting place...), but remember
to reply by mail.  Maybe if I can get some better software running, I'll also
be able to get the whole news feed again...
--
		   John Lind, Starfire Consulting Services
E-mail: john at starfire.MN.ORG		USnail: PO Box 13001, Mpls MN  55414