SYS V Bourne Shell .shrc file

Wm E Davidsen Jr davidsen at crdos1.crd.ge.COM
Thu Dec 28 01:08:41 AEST 1989

  Multiple startups are interesting. Since I have several maintenance
logins on machines I administrate, and must sometimes use sh rather than
ksh, I have my hierarchy set up like this:
	.profile ends with:
		if [ -f .kshrc ]; then ENV=$HOME/.kshrc; fi
	.kshrc ends with:
		if [ -f local.ksh ]; then . ./local.ksh; fi

  Then in the maintenance logins the profile is ". /u/staff/davidsen/.profile"
and the .kshrc is ". ~davidsen/.kshrc". The local.ksh is always tailored
to the needs of the id under which I'm operating. This allows me to
define a large set of aliases, macros, and symbols to keep a consistent
user interface, while still allowing me in if for some reason sh is
being used.
--
bill davidsen	(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM -or- uunet!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen)
that the world is flat!" - anon