RSH (remote shell) - must all children die before remote part exits?

Duane Morse duane at anasaz.UUCP
Wed Dec 13 11:59:51 AEST 1989

Is it a feature of rsh that the process started on the remote end
and all of its children terminate before the remote shell (and its
partner on the local side) terminate? That seems to be the way it
works on our Pyramid MIS machine and a couple of 386/IX boxes. It
doesn't matter if I do a nohup and/or run things in background; server
processes on both ends stick around until everything on the remote
side terminates.
--

Duane Morse	e-mail: duane at anasaz (or ... asuvax!anasaz!duane)
(602) 861-7609