Ultrix Boot Program

Doug Toppin toppin at melpar.UUCP
Sun Jan 29 02:58:46 AEST 1989

We have a DEC Ultrix-11 system running on an LSI-11/73
and we need to modify the 'boot' program which loads
the kernel. No symbol table information is in boot so
it is pretty difficult to know what it is doing. Can
anyone tell us where the equivalent source is in the
BSD sources? We found 'pub/bootp.2.0....' but
the remote uucp denies the copy request. I don't know if
that is what I want or not. If anyone
knows where an equivalent source is please let us know.
Ultrix-11 is an early BSD system with some
system V stuff so anything is helpful.
Please reply to
uunet!melpar!toppin
Thanks