UNIX-WIZARDS Digest V6#080

Francois-Michel Lang lang at pearl.PRC.Unisys.COM
Wed Jan 18 00:22:35 AEST 1989

In article <18108 at adm.BRL.MIL>, Pabbisetty.henr at xerox.com (Nagesh Pabbisetty) writes:
+
+ Folks,
+
+ Sometime aog, I had requested for references/tutorials for awk, lex and
+ yacc. I received a lot of responses.
... including ...
+ 9. "A Walk Through AWK" published a couple of years ago in the SIGPLAN
+ Notices is
+ the single best introduction I had seen to awk.  He treated it like an
+ ordinary
+ language first and THEN introduced the wierd features, WITH AN EXPLANATION!

Does anyone have the reference to the SIGPLAN Notice in question?
Our library is missing some issues, and I don't particularly
want to do a linear search through all that we have.

Any pointers will be appreciated.

I also have a copy of an interesting document called
"A Supplemental Document for AWK,
   or,
Things Al, Pete, and Brian Didn't Mention Much"

by John W. Pierce.  This document details a number
of bugs and undocumented features in AWK.
I don't know where it came from, but lots of folks
around here have copies.