630MTG Discussions

Carl S. Gutekunst csg at pyramid.pyramid.com
Mon Jan 30 01:44:45 AEST 1989

In article <9533 at smoke.BRL.MIL> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) <gwyn>) writes:
>I think comp.terminals.bitgraph was supposed to be for the BBN
>BitGraph terminal only.  Probably there should be a
>	comp.terminals.bitmap
>for generic Blit-like terminal discussions.

Doug is correct, of course; but what both of you are forgetting is that
comp.terminals.tty5620 and .bitgraph are both inet groups. Most sites out
in UUCP land don't get either group. So neither is particularly useful.
This may also account for why no one is using them.

There has been a lot of AT&T 600-series terminal discussions in plain ol'
comp.terminals. That group has very low traffic, so I see no reason not to
use it.

<csg>