AT&T 630 terminal

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Thu Jan 19 07:39:51 AEST 1989

In article <1800005 at spdyne> root at spdyne.UUCP writes:
>	On the other hand, I haven't ever seen on of these terminals, so
>who knows it might even outperform a programable computer... :-)

As a user interface to other, REAL computers, it definitely does.
(I even use my 630 in preference to the SunTools console on my
Sun-3/50M.  A PC clone is considerably punier than that.)

The 630 is not designed to be used as a stand-alone computer,
although it has most of the components of one and is eminently
programmable (with much less hassle than the PC alternative).
It certainly has a finer display and mouse than any PC clone
I've ever seen, and nothing special needs to be done to get
excellent mouse-oriented text editing abilities.

PC clones have their uses, but not on MY desk.