AT&T 630 terminal - software ??

Brandon S. Allbery allbery at ncoast.ORG
Tue Jan 24 10:43:21 AEST 1989

As quoted from <2754 at ficc.uu.net> by peter at ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva):
+---------------
| 'uw' is available for the Amiga and Atari ST, as well as the Mac. The problem
| is the host-side seems to be BSD specific. Has anyone got 'uw' running under
| System V (I presume Xenix III is out of the question)?
+---------------

"uw" requires (a) pty's, (b) polling (select() or poll()) and (c) it uses
F_SETOWN, which makes me wonder if you need SIGIO as well (I haven't looked
at the source too closely yet, F_SETOWN is mentioned in the release notes).
The former two are possible with STREAMS (some implementations, at least);
the latter, in some cases, could be a REAL b*tch (reliable signals, please!).

If it turns out to be possible, I've the uw 4.2 server sources available and
will post diffs relative to them for a STREAMS implementation.  [I have to
wait for the vendor to get the /dev/pty clone device or the underlying
driver working before I can do anything, though.]

++Brandon
--
Brandon S. Allbery, moderator of comp.sources.misc	     allbery at ncoast.org
uunet!hal.cwru.edu!ncoast!allbery		    ncoast!allbery at hal.cwru.edu
      Send comp.sources.misc submissions to comp-sources-misc@<backbone>
NCoast Public Access UN*X - (216) 781-6201, 300/1200/2400 baud, login: makeuser