Ultrix 3.0 - where are the tales?

Ed Vielmetti emv at a.cc.umich.edu
Fri Jan 27 03:49:48 AEST 1989

In article <126 at indri.primate.wisc.edu> bin at primate.wisc.edu (Brain in Neutral) writes:
>Now that Ultrix 3.0 is out, I've been anxiously waiting to hear
>what people who've installed it have to say about it: installation
>difficulty, gotcha's once installed, what breaks, etc.  (I don't
>want to be the guinea pig!)

this is hearsay so far, don't have a system to experiment on.

- uids greater than 32000 are mapped to root, with full root
  privileges.  fun time.

- sendmail.cf breaks 10 ways from Sunday, though I suspect that's
  as much of a 4.2 --> 4.3 upgrade problem.

- no ndbm(3) routines, you're stuck with just dbm.

--Ed