AT&T 630 terminal - software ??

Paul De Bra debra at alice.UUCP
Fri Jan 20 02:43:39 AEST 1989

In article <163 at flnexus.ATT.COM> heff at flnexus.ATT.COM (Paul_Heffner) writes:
}From article <1762 at edison.GE.COM>, by rja at edison.GE.COM (rja):
}>
}> The AT&T terminals catalog in front of me does not refer to the
}> SSI/EIA board and specifically indicates that 2 RS-232-C ports
}> are included with the #3344-630 controller...
}
}The second serial port on the base controller for the 630 is for
}a printer port, you cannot use it for a second host access. The
}SSI/EIA board is needed for this purpose.

Not true!!! The setup-menu lets you select the purpose of the second
serial port, and you can connect both ports to hosts without the SSI/EIA
board. I am actually using this (and I don't have the SSI/EIA board).
This board is intended for people who want to connect to 2 hosts and
still hook up a printer too.

So most people DON'T need this board at all. (You DO want the black and
white monitor though, instead of the default amber. Price is the same.
But it looks much nicer.)

Paul.