Time slicing -- How does 4.3bsd do it?

Dan Trottier dan at maccs.McMaster.CA
Tue Jan 17 08:05:10 AEST 1989

The subject pretty well says it all!

A user asked me how much of a time quantum he gets by default when
he logs into the system. In trying to explain how the cpu shares its
resources I discovered that I really didn't understand it myself.

If anyone can give me a short explanation or perhaps point me at some
usefull documentation (I RTFMs but couldn't find anything appropriate)
I would appreciate it.

--
Dan Trottier                                            dan at maccs.McMaster.CA
Dept of Computer Science                       ...!uunet!utai!utgpu!maccs!dan