new 4.3BSD UNIX internals book

Barry Shein bzs at Encore.COM
Sun Jan 22 10:32:24 AEST 1989

I'll second Ken Lee's recommendation of the new 4.3 book, I picked
up a copy last week and I'm very impressed.

In fact, if you DON'T pick up a copy and read through it please
unsubscribe unix-wizards :-)

Seriously, as Ken said, it's a "must have" for anyone who wants to
understand Unix and operating systems in general. As someone who
taught university-level computer science for a decade I'd strongly
recommend instructors consider it for systems programming and
operating systems courses.

Even if you use a companion volume for more general topics you will be
doing your students a favor requiring it, using it and getting it onto
their bookshelves. This is the book to give students (especially if
they have access to a 4.x system) that concrete relationship to their
subject matter which is often so hard to find good materials for.

	-Barry Shein, ||Encore||