Black hole file

Larry Jones scjones at sdrc.UUCP
Mon Jan 16 02:03:47 AEST 1989

OK, I've got one for you guys.  I've got this file that just
absorbs whatever get put into it.  For example, if I do:

	ls -l >blackhole ; cat blackhole

I get nothing.  ls -l blackhole shows it has a reasonable size,
but even od just shows a few zeros.  If I do this with a
different file, it works like you would expect.  If I delete
blackhole and try it again, I get the same results (I also get
the same inode for the file, which I suspect is critical).

My first thought was a munged file system, but fsck shows all is
well.  Anyone have any idea what is going on here???

----
Larry Jones                         UUCP: uunet!sdrc!scjones
SDRC                                      scjones at sdrc.UU.NET
Milford, OH  45150                  AT&T: (513) 576-2070
"When all else fails, read the directions."