bug in pclose(3)

Arthur David Olson ado at elsie.UUCP
Thu Jan 19 09:04:35 AEST 1989

> > >Don't people EVER learn from experience?
> >No they don't, as a look at the changes made to function library interfaces
> >by the dpANS shows.
>
> What changes?  Having just checked over my System V "lint" library for
> pANS conformance, I didn't notice any actual changes.

Check out the memory allocation functions (with their changed treatment of
NULL arguments) and fopen (where "rb+" is given new meaning) for starters--the
ground is covered in X3J11 correspondence that should be part of its records.
--
	Arthur David Olson    ado at ncifcrf.gov    ADO is a trademark of Ampex.