Pseudotty and /dev/tty

Larry W. Virden lwv at n8emr.UUCP
Tue Jan 31 23:47:39 AEST 1989

A friend is working on a small program that attaches a pseudotty and then
runs programs against it (programs like vi, etc).  He has the most of the
pgm working, but finds that when a program opens /dev/tty, it doesnt get
and error, but the output doesnt appear to the user either.

What types of things must one be aware of when setting up this type
of situation.  The program is currently running under ultrix 2.3, with a port
to SunOS 4.0.1 in the future.
`
Also, is there some good, non-proprietary source or doc that one could read
about to show who to do this type of thing?  Thanks

--
Larry W. Virden	 674 Falls Place, Reynoldsburg, OH 43068 (614) 864-8817
75046,606 (CIS) ; LVirden (ALPE) ; osu-cis!n8emr!lwv (UUCP)