MH

Mike McNally m5 at lynx.uucp
Tue Jan 17 13:18:17 AEST 1989

I just discovered this zany MH stuff in my 4.3 manuals.  After a few
hours of playing with it on my new 4.3 system, it seems like a lot of
it actually works.  However, I am having problems getting the mhook
stuff to work.  I put a call to slocal in my .forward, and something
does seem to grab hold of incoming mail, but it always just dumps it
out to my normal mailbox, along with the mmdelim1 and mmdelim2 from
mtstailor wrapped around it.  This makes "mail" very upset.  Nothing I
do seems capable of convincing slocal to deliver stuff to rcvstore or
to anything else.

Am I hopelessy screwed up?  Should I even be messing with this stuff?
Is MH something designed for real computers, not wimpy little uucp-only
hell machines like mine?  Should I be some sort of mail genius before I
even consider working more on this?

--
Mike McNally                                    Lynx Real-Time Systems
uucp: {voder,athsys}!lynx!m5                    phone: 408 370 2233

            Where equal mind and contest equal, go.