Time passages

Mike McNally m5 at lynx.uucp
Sat Jan 14 03:44:41 AEST 1989

Has anyone else with an Integrated Solutions VME 68020 machine with
4.3BSD noticed that the system time is s l o w?  We lose about 30 minutes
per day; it does fluctuate.

My machine has an old QIC-2 tape controller on which lives the
real-time non-volatile clock (not the tick clock; the thing the machine
uses to keep time while it's turned off).  After a long period of
dormancy, we are again using our tape drive regularly; I wonder if that
could cause problems.

--
Mike McNally                                    Lynx Real-Time Systems
uucp: {voder,athsys}!lynx!m5                    phone: 408 370 2233

            Where equal mind and contest equal, go.