modern terminals (was: printf, data presentation)

Griff Smith ggs at ulysses.homer.nj.att.com
Sat Jan 7 06:18:19 AEST 1989

In article <992 at vsi.COM>, friedl at vsi.COM (Stephen J. Friedl) writes:
> Doug, you are living in a dream world, one full of idealistic fantasy.
> You may like your Blit, but for every one of you, there are at least
> 50,000 people with Wyse 50s at their desks.  For the majority of these
> people, a bitmapped interface would be massive overkill.
| --
| Stephen J. Friedl        3B2-kind-of-guy            friedl at vsi.com
| V-Systems, Inc.        I speak for me only      attmail!vsi!friedl
| Santa Ana, CA  USA       +1 714 545 6442    {backb

I'll repeat Doug's reply: the AT&T 630 terminal is available for less
than $2k.  Support software for either System V or 4.3BSD is also
available.  I don't think Doug is dreaming; if you're stuck with an old
24x80 non-windowed terminal, it's more like a nightmare.
--
Griff Smith	AT&T (Bell Laboratories), Murray Hill
Phone:		1-201-582-7736
Internet:	ggs at ulysses.att.com