sticky bit

Jon Zeeff zeeff at b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us
Wed Jan 18 00:44:00 AEST 1989

In article <18714 at santra.UUCP> hsu at kampi.UUCP (Heikki Suonsivu) writes:
>System V does very bad job of keeping disks unfragmented. Fsanalyze
>told me that I had my CT miniframe emacs (~550k) in 400 fragments :-)

The guy who wrote fsanalyze (sdti!mjy) also wrote a program to
unfragment disks.  It's a big win.  I don't know the current status of
the program or distribution.

Actually, I've never understood why the kernel didn't have some
locking support that would allow a daemon to unfragment the disk
during idle times.

  Jon Zeeff			zeeff at b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us
  Ann Arbor, MI			umix!b-tech!zeeff
  My other signature is a good one