Set parent env with csh script

Mike Van Pelt mvp at v7fs1.UUCP
Sun Jan 8 05:42:15 AEST 1989

I asked comp.unix.questions, but got only blank stares.  So,
maybe this is a wizardly type question...

I would like to write a shell script (csh preferred) that will
set a few environment variables to various things.  Of course,
just doing   setenv foo bar  in the script only works for that
subshell and its children, not for the calling shell.  I've
gone back and forth through all the likely places in the manuals,
and haven't found any mention of this.

Is it possible for a subshell to changes the calling shell's
environment?  How?
--
I would like to electrocute everyone who uses the    | Mike Van Pelt
word 'fair' in connection with income tax policies.  | Video 7