modern terminals (was: printf, data presentation)

Mike McNally m5 at lynx.uucp
Tue Jan 10 03:31:52 AEST 1989

In article <11072 at ulysses.homer.nj.att.com> ggs at ulysses.homer.nj.att.com (Griff Smith) writes:
>I'll repeat Doug's reply: the AT&T 630 terminal is available for less
>than $2k.

Wyse 50's cost just a little over $300.  I'd like to see you in a
meeting with my manager trying to convince him that it's a good idea to
spend six times more on your terminal than everyone else's.

I must say that I think higher productivity is realized from a nice
multi-window environment, but because I cannot easily quantify the
benefits I cannot demonstrate bottom-line advantages of nice
workstation-type terminals.

--
Mike McNally                                    Lynx Real-Time Systems
uucp: {voder,athsys}!lynx!m5                    phone: 408 370 2233

            Where equal mind and contest equal, go.