modern terminals (was: printf,

iv at hal6000.UUCP iv at hal6000.UUCP
Wed Jan 18 09:53:00 AEST 1989

/* Written  1:38 pm  Jan 14, 1989 by ncoast!allbery in comp.unix.wizards */
|* ---------- "Re: modern terminals (was: printf," ---------------------------
|* It's worse than you think, Peter:  Xenix 3.x runs a *V7* kernel.  Some, but
|* not all, of the System III functionality has been added, but it's still
|* basically V7.
\* ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, no, NO!  **SIGH**  Do we have to go over this again??  This is INCORRECT!!!
Every version of XENIX 3.x I have ever seen has a System III kernel, with
some BSD and Microsoft additions.  I have hacked XENIX kernels for years,
XENIX 2.3 (which WAS v7) and 3.0, so I know.

Just because they kept the v7 init and getty does NOT mean the kernel is v7.
----
IV  (aka John Elliott IV)	 Domain: iv at hal6000.Tandy.COM
Tandy Systems Software		   UUCP: ...!killer!sys1!hal6000!iv
1300 Two Tandy Center		     or: ...!decvax!microsoft!trsvax!hal6000!iv
Fort Worth, TX 76102		  Phone: 817/390-2701; 9:30am-6:00pm CST

ps.  I'm sorry, ++Brandon, if this came off like a flame, but I am
     getting tired of this one.

[This information was provided by an individual and is not  nor  should
 be  construed  as  being provided by Radio Shack or Tandy Corporation.
 Radio Shack and/or Tandy Corporation have no obligation to support the
 information  provided.  Just because Tandy likes DOS doesn't mean that
 I do.  I'm not sure they even know what a kernel is, anyway. This note
 will self-destruct in 5 seconds.  Good luck, %s.]