AT&T 630 terminal - software ??

a.v.reed avr at mtgzy.att.com
Fri Jan 20 08:50:33 AEST 1989

In article <163 at flnexus.ATT.COM>, heff at flnexus.ATT.COM (Paul_Heffner) writes:
< From article <1762 at edison.GE.COM>, by rja at edison.GE.COM (rja):
< >
< > The AT&T terminals catalog in front of me does not refer to the
< > SSI/EIA board and specifically indicates that 2 RS-232-C ports
< > are included with the #3344-630 controller...
<
< The second serial port on the base controller for the 630 is for
< a printer port, you cannot use it for a second host access. The
< SSI/EIA board is needed for this purpose.

Not true - right now, I'm using a 630 with two hosts and NO SSI/EIA
board. All you need to do is insert a null modem between the second host
and the "printer" port, and then use "setup" in the "more" submenu to
configure that port for a second host. Try it.

				Adam Reed (avr at mtgzy.ATT.COM)