Occasionally lp cannot find my print file. Why?

Mike Wescott wescott at sauron.Columbia.NCR.COM
Fri Jan 13 08:32:23 AEST 1989

In article <1512 at anasaz.UUCP> duane at anasaz.UUCP (Duane Morse) writes:
> Occasionally I try to enqueue a file for printing by

> lp xxx

> and lp comes back with a message saying that it cannot find "xxx". It
> also cannot find it when I specify the file by ./xxx. I end up having
> to cat the file and pipe it to lp. The file permissions are read/write
> for everybody. Anybody have any idea what the problem might be?

Directory permissions in . or .. or ../..  etc.
Try checking read and search permissions for
the directories in the whole path.

--
	-Mike Wescott
	 mike.wescott at ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM