2 ethernet interfaces on M-Vax II, one delqa, one deqna

Beth Elias beth at batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu
Tue Jan 10 04:44:19 AEST 1989

Does anyone know of any software or hardware weirdness
that would keep our MtXinu kernel on a Micro-Vax II
from recognizing our new delqa board?

We already have a deqna that configures just dandy,
but the delqa is never seen. We have already done the
obvious, switched addresses, plugged both into the
correct network, had the board swapped for another.

The result is that the hardware checks out fine and
we are left with the thought that the delqa does not
do it's deqna emulation good enough for the deqna
driver to recognize it.

We need both boards 'cuz we gotta be a gateway...

Any ideas or thought would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Beth Elias
beth at tcgould.tn.cornell.edu