Troff or pscat ?

Barry Shein bzs at bu-cs.BU.EDU
Thu Jul 6 09:52:14 AEST 1989

>2604(emergenc)S		<<<  How can I prevent this type of word separation
>2839(y)S		<<<  from occuring?  Is it troff or pscat that is
>2891(broadcast)S	     causing the problem?
>... etc.
>
>ttl at astroatc.UUCP	...uwvax!astroatc!ttl		Tony Laundrie

Are you sure this is a "problem"? It looks like it's decided the "y"
needs to be over a little further than the font metric table indicates
printing a "c" would leave it, probably some sort of kerning rule
kicking in trying to make it look better, some character pairs need
special spacing to look right. You could try using the troff .cs
command to turn the whole thing off entirely and see if you're happier
with that.
--
	-Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die, Purveyors to the Trade
1330 Beacon Street, Brookline, MA 02146, (617) 739-0202
Internet: bzs at skuld.std.com
UUCP:     encore!xylogics!skuld!bzs or uunet!skuld!bzs