csh problem involving nested ifs?

Brian V. Smith envbvs at epb2.lbl.gov
Tue Jul 11 04:34:52 AEST 1989

In article <685 at wuphys.UUCP>, marty at wuphys.UUCP (Marty Olevitch) writes:
<
< It appears that csh does not correctly handle nested if-then-else
< statements. The following script illustrates the problem, which appears
< in versions of csh on MORE/bsd (mt Xinu 4.3), SunOS 3.1, SunOS 4.0, and
< Ultrix 2.0. Am I missing some bug in this script? If not, it looks like
< a bug in csh (an equivalent sh program works fine).
<

[ csh script follows ]

Well, on our Vaxstation II running Ultrix 2.0 machine and out
Vaxstation 2000's and II's running Ultrix 3.0, the script worked
just as it should (the "expected" results).