Using the uucp daemon (TCP/IP) on System V.3 with TCP/IP

George Robbins grr at cbmvax.UUCP
Mon Jul 10 03:34:01 AEST 1989

In article <3674 at ursa-major.SPDCC.COM> cspencer at ursa-major.spdcc.COM (Cliff Spencer) writes:
> >>Porting BSD 4.3 UUCP daemon has already been done several times for different
> >>incarnations of TCP/IP implementations for system V Unix's.  Unfortunately
> >>none of them are "free" that I know of.
> >I only need the patches, I have the BSD4.3 uucpd source...
>
> What's the big mystery? Doesn't the daemon just spawn /usr/lib/uucp/uucico?

Well, yes and no.  It plays with sockets doing a listen and opening a
a connection and then simulates a login and finally runs uucico passing
the open sockets as stdin/stdout.  If you have a completely functional
socket-emulation package, it shouldn't be a big deal.  Also, your uucp
is expected to know that it shouldn't try to do all those terminal
oriented ioctls on sockets...

but no way officially representing	arpa: cbmvax!grr at uunet.uu.net