Using the uucp daemon (TCP/IP) on System V.3 with TCP/IP

Jos Vos jos at idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl
Fri Jul 7 20:07:37 AEST 1989

In article <656 at wrs.wrs.com> hwajin at wrs.UUCP (Hwajin Bae) writes:

>HDB UUCP that comes with AT&T V.3.2 UNIX includes support for TLI, TLIS, and
>socket interfaces to TCP/IP connections.  Using existing TLIS (TLI STREAMS
>Based) code, all you need is to set up listener service database to invoke
>uucico when a request comes in from a remote TCP/IP host.  This is only useful
>if you have another machine with TCP/IP, TLI, and equivalent UUCP.

The socket code is between BSD42 (or whatever) #ifdef's. Isn't it?
I know about the TCP/IP via TLI(S), but I need to be able to talk
to BSD systems too.

>Porting BSD 4.3 UUCP daemon has already been done several times for different
>incarnations of TCP/IP implementations for system V Unix's.  Unfortunately
>none of them are "free" that I know of.

I only need the patches, I have the BSD4.3 uucpd source...

--
-- ######   Jos Vos   ######   Internet   jos at idca.tds.philips.nl   ######
-- ######             ######   UUCP         ...!mcvax!philapd!jos   ######