SunOS RPC babe in the woods seeks counsel ...

Brad Held brad at intek01.UUCP
Fri Jul 14 08:09:06 AEST 1989

I am very new to RPC programming and have an implementation question.

What I want to do: Have a program that can do more than just act as an
	RPC server.

My "problem": Calling svc_run() never returns, which obviously means
	that I can do nothing else.

The way I see it I have two options.  I can either write my own svc_run() and
call it, or run a child process that calls svc_run() and have the child pipe
the data received to the parent.

Is anybody else doing something similar?  Which of my two options are you using?
Am I all washed up (high probability)?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

	Thanks in advance
		Brad Held
		Software Engineer
		INTEK Integrated Technologies