Dual model 83 (68000) UUCP and UUXQT dump core

Robert E. Seastrom rs at eddie.MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 4 07:38:27 AEST 1989

Hello...

We have a Dual model 83 running Version 7 Unix with 768K of RAM,
40 MB of disk (2 drives) and 12 serial ports.  When UUCP is run,
it dumps core.  If the appropriate files (so that we have something
to move) are set up with mail (which *does* work), and uucico started
manually (in debug mode of course), uuxqt dumps core.  The system
that we're trying to talk to is a DEC Pro 350 running Venix, hardwired
to the Dual.  Does anybody out there know if Dual released patches for
their version 7 Unix?  I'm told that System V is available for the
Dual, but it costs money and needs a rom upgrade.  Alternatively,
does anyone know of any public domain UUCP replacements that work
under Ver. 7??  Of course, it's always possible that our binaries are
just corrupted, so if anyone has a Dual that *is* successfully running
UUCP....

                    ---Rob