Named Pipe Creation

Darrell Schiebel drs at cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu
Sat Jul 1 01:57:44 AEST 1989

I am attempting to create a named pipe which several different users
can read from and write to, but when I create the pipe with:

      if (mknod(destination_path,S_IFIFO | 0666, 0) == -1)
        if (errno != EEXIST)
          return(-1);
        else errno = 0;

      sock = open(destination_path,O_RDWR);

the system creates a pipe with owner r/w, group r, and world r.  The
protection I was expecting is owner r/w , group r/w, wnd world r/w.

Any Suggestions ?

Thank You,
Darrell Schiebel

Darrell Schiebel                  _        _   _   __            __
drs at cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu           | \  /\  |_) |_) |_  |   |     (_
Concurrent Engineering Center    |_/ /--\ | \ | \ |__ |__ |__   __) ::
West Virginia University