mountpw

Yedidya Israel yedidya at bimacs.BITNET
Thu Jul 6 04:10:26 AEST 1989

I am playing with nfs, this time trying to mount VM minidisks (yes!)
on by unix machine. I use the following command for mount.

        mount -o rw,soft,rsize=1024,wsize=1024 \
              host:cmssys.191,rw,pass=XXXX,record=nl,names=mixed /mnt

It works but have two problems:

1. When trying to write to file I get connection timeout and any
   further reference to /mnt face connection timeouts. Any idea?

2. After mounting, if a guy make "mount" he will get

.
.
.
host:cmssys.191,rw,pass=XXXX,record=nl,names=mixed /mnt
.                  ^^^^^^^^^
.
.

If you do not want others to know your minidisk's password you must
issue the mountpw command before mounting and then making a mount w/o
saying what is the password. The mountpw command exists in vm's
version of nfs, anybody have a version for unix?

We have nfs running on Ultrix3.0 and SunOS3.4.

| Israel Yedidya, Math & CS Department, Bar-Ilan U, Ramat-Gan, ISRAEL |
| BITNET:   yedidya at bimacs                        +----------------+  |
| INTERNET: yedidya at bimacs.biu.ac.il               \               |  |
| ARPA:     yedidya%bimacs.bitnet at cunyvm.cuny.edu  /               |  |
| UUCP:     ...!uunet!mcvax!humus!bimacs!yedidya  +----------------+  |
| CSNET:    yedidya%bimacs.bitnet%cunyvm.cuny.edu at csnet-relay      |  |
----- Reality is still a reality even if we do not understand it. -----