Getting rid of the root account (Was: GNU OS)

Andrew ValenciaSeattle vandys at hpcupt1.HP.COM
Thu Jun 15 00:50:53 AEST 1989

/ hpcupt1:comp.unix.wizards / jfh at rpp386.Dallas.TX.US (John F. Haugh II) /  7:26 pm  Jun 13, 1989 /
>...  Least privilege
>is a _requirement_ for trusted computing systems.  It isn't something
>you get to wave off as being a `red herring'.  Minds far better than
>yours or mine have MANDATED that this is going to be the way it is
>going to be.

	It's good to see that optimism still flourishes on the Usenet!

			Sorry.  I'll go back to the woodwork now.
			Andy
			...!hplabs!hpisoa1!vandys