Sys V improvements (was I CAN'T BELIEVE...)

David Collier-Brown davecb at yunexus.UUCP
Thu Jun 29 01:17:57 AEST 1989

gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) writes:
| It hasn't been necessary to perform periodic sync()s to maintain the
| integrity of disk structures for many years now (in the System V branch
| of the UNIX family tree, at least, and I've heard similar claims for
| some 4BSD variants).

  To change the subject slightly, have the late releases of Sys V
added to (or changed) the signal semantics to allow one to reliably
catch repeated signals.
  I remember from days of yore that various implementations allowed
signal(1) to survive back-to-back dels, but I don't recollect discussion
of improvements in the standard.

--dave (I'm showing may age again) c-b
--
David Collier-Brown,  | davecb at yunexus, ...!yunexus!davecb or
72 Abitibi Ave.,      | {toronto area...}lethe!dave