Re^2: What kind of things would you want in the GNU OS

David Collier-Brown davecb at yunexus.UUCP
Thu Jun 29 23:55:37 AEST 1989

Someone (i think in message <4565 at ficc.uu.net>) said:
| >I remember reading that V7 (or was it 2BSD) stored files less than 39 bytes
| >in the inode. A real saving for all those empty directories.

   Not stock v7, but perhaps on a v7 base.  It was Andy Tannenbaum who
did it, and I do recollect he lived on v7 for a loooooong time. (Has
something to do with poverty, you see).

--dave

--
David Collier-Brown,  | davecb at yunexus, ...!yunexus!davecb or
72 Abitibi Ave.,      | {toronto area...}lethe!dave