What kinds of things would you want in the GNU OS?

Anton Rang rang at cpsin3.cps.msu.edu
Tue Jun 6 06:26:11 AEST 1989

[ various notes about distributed file systems removed ]

Just out of curiousity, is anyone out there using the Andrew system
(AFS)?  I've been told that the machines hooked up to it have a truly
transparent file system (i.e. a friend of mine at Univ. of Mich. can
get at files on CMU's systems without knowing which campus they're
on).  True?  If so, I'd think this would be much preferable to all the
"remote mount" junk....
  For security...something along the lines of Kerberos would be great.