What kinds of things would you want in the GNU OS?

Snoopy snoopy at sopwith.UUCP
Mon Jun 5 03:16:07 AEST 1989

In article <11666 at bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU> boomer at space.mit.edu (Don Alvarez) writes:

| A REALLY REALL REALLY easy way to tell my system to prompt me for a
| tape every morning, dump all changes since the previous morning,
| _and_eject_the_tape (don't leave your backups where the system can get
| at them).

A simple cron job could do the software portion of this right now.  If
you want the tape ejected under software control, talk to the people that
design tape drives. (And to the people that design the removable media
optical r/w drives.  If the disks for the NeXT drives cost $50/256MB, they
are cheaper per MB than the QIC tapes I'm currently using.)

  /_______\   qiclab!sopwith!snoopy			|  	  |
    |___|     parsely!sopwith!snoopy			| tekecs  |
    |___|     sun!nosun!illian!sopwith!snoopy		|_________|

		"I *am* the next man!"  -Indy