keyscan wanted

Brandon S. Allbery allbery at ncoast.ORG
Sat Jun 10 09:13:37 AEST 1989

As quoted from <607 at wn2.sci.kun.nl> by medfys at wn2.sci.kun.nl (Victor Langeveld/Tjeerd Dijkstra):
+---------------
| In article <1006 at twwells.uucp>, bill at twwells.uucp (T. William Wells)
| writes:
| > In article <475 at wn2.sci.kun.nl> medfys at wn2.sci.kun.nl (Victor Langeveld/Tjeerd Dijkstra) writes:
| > : I am searching for a (small?) routine that informs me about a
| > : possible pressed key. This routine should *not* wait for input,
| > : but return immediately, wether succesfull or not.
| >
| > Yes. Tell us what hardware and OS you are talking about.
| >
| > For example, this should be doable on my system, a '386 running
| > Microport's Unix, by telling the driver to return scan codes and (...)
| > But on your system, who knows? We certainly don't, since we don't
| > know the system.
|
| There is no need to know what hardware this should be working on.
| Mr Charles Thayer (Thanks again, Charles!) gave me a perfect solution:
|
| 	return (select(1,&mask,0,0,&wait));

BZZZZZZ!  You lose.  Select() is a BSD system call; Microport is System V,
and for all you know Victor is running V7.  (Anti-System-V flames to
/dev/null.)

++Brandon
--
Brandon S. Allbery, moderator of comp.sources.misc	     allbery at ncoast.org
uunet!hal.cwru.edu!ncoast!allbery		    ncoast!allbery at hal.cwru.edu
      Send comp.sources.misc submissions to comp-sources-misc@<backbone>
NCoast Public Access UN*X - (216) 781-6201, 300/1200/2400 baud, login: makeuser