What kinds of things would you want

carey at m.cs.uiuc.edu carey at m.cs.uiuc.edu
Fri Jun 9 04:09:00 AEST 1989

/* Written 10:57 am  Jun  2, 1989 by bzs at bu-cs.BU.EDU in m.cs.uiuc.edu:comp.unix.wizards */

* Throwing things in a trashcan may be a concept protected by Apple,
Inc. Any similarity to real trashcans, living or dead, is purely
coincidental.
--
	-Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die, Purveyors to the Trade
1330 Beacon Street, Brookline, MA 02146, (617) 739-0202
/* End of text from m.cs.uiuc.edu:comp.unix.wizards */

Actually, I was thinking of trashcans just before I read this note.
I think it is a great idea.  Usual mode of operation -- remove a
file that I didn't want to remove, realize my mistake 5 seconds later,
moan loudly, then go rummage through the dump tapes to get back the
file.  A non-default option would allow you to throw away something
without trashcanning it, if you were short on disk space.

But I don't expect that they would ever implement it, just like many other
"user-friendly" things, because the people developing aren't the
people using.